121 Publications has an open submissions policy. We accept unagented submissions of any projects suited to our list. Before sending projects to us, please read the following guidelines carefully.
121 Publications publishes an eclectic mixture of books. We are looking for projects that fit in our collection or have a unique quality. We are interested in fiction and nonfiction books for all ages.
- We currently accept submissions by email only, which can be sent to submissions@121Publications.com
- Please attach your proposal to your email as a single Word file or PDF, and keep the file under 5MB or less to ensure delivery. Outside links and downloads may not be opened due to security risks.
- If we are interested in your submission, you can expect to hear from us within six months after we receive your submission. 121 Publications will not respond to an unsolicited submission unless interested in publishing it.
- If your proposal is a simultaneous submission, please indicate this in your cover letter.
What to Include in Your Proposal
- Books for younger children may be submitted in their entirety without querying first. Projects for older children—such as chapter books or YA novels—should be submitted by query letter, synopsis, and three (3) sample chapters.
- If you have multiple project proposals, please note that we will not accept more than three (3) submissions by the same author and/or illustrator during the same 6-month period. If you are submitting more than one at the same time, please include all of them in the same package.
PLEASE NOTE: These guidelines are for informational purposes only and do not constitute a solicitation of any manuscript, artwork, transparencies, or other material. Submission of any materials shall be done at the author /illustrator's own risk of loss or damage.